Surviving your dog's puberty!
As your dog becomes an adolescent (6-8 months), he/she will seem to have forgotten all about his puppy lessons. In our class we will provide the tools and help you and your dog thrive in this turbulent period.
- Get you dog to listen to you, even when there are distractions
- Learn good manners in daily life : greeting, playing ..
- Be calm and relaxed around other dogs and people
- Build your dog confidence around other dogs and humans
- Learn how to address and prevent common behavior problems : Jumping, chewing, pulling on leash, barking ..
- Learn how to obtain the behaviour you want from your dog with respect and cooperation
- Build a wonderful relationship with your dog
Good dog training is more than just obedience
For your dog to become well-behaved, confident and happy, it is important to teach him/her the right life skills. In the class besides strengthening basic manners we will give you the tools to help your dog grow with confidence
- Recalls : Come when called - quickly and reliably
- Loose leash walking : Walking nicely on a leash (without pulling)
- Heel on/off leash : Keeping your dog on your side, either left or right, when convenient.
- Confidence & Trust : Building your dog's confidence and trust through a variety of activities.
- Self control : Stay calm and quiet even with other dogs or people around
- Say “hello” politely : Crossing people or other dogs, let’s start asking our puppy to be polite
- High Distraction : Keeping your dog focused on you or the work with distractions around.
- Fun & tricks : Let’s have some more fun teaching your dogs some tricks (Bring it, Leave it, Walk Backwards...)
Come every week for a fun and educational class
- 8 sessions of 1 hour each
- Positive reinforcement training
- Training is done through a variety of fun exercises for the dogs and the humans
- Classes are kept small to ensure individual attention.
(max 6 dogs)
- Classes are in English